DNS & BIND (O'Reilly book)

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Tue Jan 23 16:18:40 UTC 2001

In article <94k81r$rf1 at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Studio 51 <leekembel at hotmail.com> wrote:
>Should I buy the book that only covers V8, or should I wait till they
>publish something that covers V9? Is there already a version that covers V9?

Cricket will probably be able to respond on how soon he expects the next
edition to be released.

>If so, where can I get it? If not, how long will it take for V9 to be
>realeased (the book)? Is there REALLY going to be that much difference, or
>should I not worry about it and just settle for a book on V8 while I'm using
>V9?

Unless the new edition is being published imminently, I suggest you get the
current edition.  95% of the stuff in the book hasn't changed in a while,
and you can use the ISC web site to get the documentation of the latest
features.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA