A question ...

Francesco Ratto frankie at yond.it
Tue Jan 23 16:28:48 UTC 2001

Barry Margolin kindly wrote ...

> On the secondary server, configure the slave zone in its named.conf file
> and then do "rndc reconfig" to make it learn about the new zone.  It will
> transfer the zone automatically.

ok I tried to configure only the secondary named.conf with
the datas about the new domain i set a refresh time of 5 minutes
and the new domain was taken by the secondary .......good

the rndc doesn't have  a reconfig option ... what do you mean ?

now .. Does exist tools that allow me to

    have a copy of secondary named.conf on the primary (the initial one)
    automatically update the copy with the new domains eventually
    added  on the primary named.conf (with the modifications required)
    transfer the secondary named.conf to the secondary server

     I eventually crontab a rndc reload to both server so that they are
     in synchro some time a day

	Thank You

		Francesco