named.stats

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sun Jan 28 01:49:39 UTC 2001

At 04:25 AM 1/27/01, Lubna Sorour wrote:
>I've checked my event logs, statistics do appear there. Isnt there any DOS
>command that might do the same job as using the BINDCtrl panel?

         You can redirect the logging to a file if, that would help, by using the
   logging statement in the named.conf file. I've had a number of requests for
   a command-line version of BINDCtrl for NT.  Basically it would be the same
   as ndc on Unix.  I'm very busy rgiht now, but it's on my list if I can just get
   to it.  It's not hard, it just takes time.

>I need the statistics to be logged periodically to a file so I can run mrtg
>on them.

         Which set? The one that goes to the event log or the named.stats?
   They are different.

>Thanks
>Lubna

         Danny