Problems with zone transfers

Alexander Stade alex at wego.com
Mon Jan 29 09:44:28 UTC 2001

Hi!

I'm having problems with zone transfers between my master and slave. I have
lots of zones, so I don't feel like doing it manually (which works) for each
of them  all the time. Suppose I could set up a cron job, but I would prefer
having it working properly.

I read through some of the previous messages and it appears as if I get a
"non-authoritative" answer, something is screwed up with my zone files..
Anyway, i have submitted my named.conf and one of the zone files in question
as a part of this message. If anybody can help me figure out why this isn't
working, I would be very happy. As a side note, my named is running in a
chroot jail, so I don't know why it isn't logging, but it isn't. I can't
find any reason why this is the way it is.

Again, any suggestions are very welcome.

Alex

-----------------------BEGIN NAMED.CONF-------------------------

options {
    directory   "/namedb";
    multiple-cnames yes;
    notify yes;
    recursion yes;
    cleaning-interval 60;
    dump-file "/tmp/named_dump_ext.db";
    pid-file    "/var/run/named_ext.pid";
    statistics-file "/var/log/named_ext.statistics";
    listen-on port 53 { 64.81.58.232; };
};

zone "." in {
        type hint;