making queries - while restarting bind - possible ?

michab bind-mail at gmx.de
Mon Jul 2 07:52:02 UTC 2001

>Hi,
>
>you should have some (at least: two) secondary
>name servers serving the same 5000 zones, so
>restarting the primary name server shouldn't
>affect DNS availability to your
>clients ...
>
>Sven

in fact you´r right, but the special thing is, that we are working with the
DE-NIC, the german registrar for de-domains.... this one is asking
our NS permanently - so that´s not the solution, haveing more NS....
for the user who makes queries will this be an option... but not for the registrar -
we need our PRIMARY UP 100% ---- also when it´s reloading many zones...
that´s still the problem ;(

bye
micha