making queries - while restarting bind - possible ?

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 2 13:50:43 UTC 2001

Simon Waters wrote:

> I think the configure in 9.2 assumes you will have no
> threads so it can run with "-u named" if you have Linux, and
> you need to specify that you want threads to configure.
> Could that be the source of confusion?!

Having said that I'm still trying to reproduce the problem
with my single threaded 9.2 implementation.

So far ~8000 records in 8 zones - loads in less that 2
seconds, with only a slight slowing of the query rate -
certainly none refused, clearly I need a few thousand extra
zones...

If your still fighting this one, what exactly are you
issuing command wise? "rndc reload"?