win2k dropping local DNS server from server list if server goes down?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Jul 2 21:52:18 UTC 2001

As much as I'd like to confirm Yet Another Bug in Win2K, I don't think this can
really be called a "bug" since the order in which stub resolvers use
nameservers is not defined by any standard, AFAIK.

On the other hand, you seem to have a fundamental problem with your
DNS architecture -- the *same* answers should be available from
*all* nameservers configured in any given stub resolver. Otherwise you're bound
to get inconsistent results sooner or later.

- Kevin