Round-Robin for mail/smtp hosts

Matt Prigge mprigge at pobox.com
Wed Jul 4 01:43:25 UTC 2001

Hi All,
    I have seen many discussions on this list about using multiple A records
for load balancing and redundancy in HTTP/WWW applications. However, I
wanted to know if there are any problems with using them for other
applications such as balancing between two outgoing mail servers or between
two pop/imap servers. I personally cant think of any (which is why Im
asking). Please note that I am not talking about using multiple A records
for MX hosts, just about the address that a client might punch into Outlook
Express or Netscape to check and send their mail.

Thanks!
    - Matt Prigge