multiple domains on 1 dns server

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Fri Jul 13 16:47:12 UTC 2001

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 05:08:17PM -0400, Kevin Darcy wrote:
> Barry Margolin wrote:
> > Doesn't Windows TCP/IP configuration have a place where the user can enter
> > a default domain, like Unix /etc/resolv.conf's "domain" and "search"
> > directives?
>
> I'm sure I've never seen such a thing :-)
>
> - Kevin

On some versions of MS Losedoze, TCP/IP Properties has a tabbed page
"DNS Configuration", which has a box "DNS Suffix Search Order" just
after "DNS Server Search Order".

But there is no standard except for what the company decides it will
allow you the privilege of buying.

OSIS Center Computer Support					EMT-B