Help DNS Setting

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 14 21:12:03 UTC 2001

Derek F Thompson wrote:

> I changed this last night as follows, I am not seeing the my existing
> site thompsoninternet.co.uk when I type in the thompsoninternet.com
> address. At present all I see is the ISP page UK2.net which is the
> default page if there is no webspace.

dig +short thompsoninternet.com
212.4.208.113
dig +short thompsoninternet.co.uk
212.4.208.113

Looks good.

> Could somebody take alook at the settings below and let me know if I
> have done this correctly

I'll refrain from commenting on the style - it is the
weekend.

Just because you point an name at a web server, doesn't mean
the web server is configured to serve that domain. See the
webmaster to configure the 113 server for the ".com" name.

Your website looks a little user hostile in "lynx" *8-)

--
Are you using the Internet to best effect ?
www.eighth-layer.com