Books about BIND

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sun Jul 15 21:41:22 UTC 2001

At 12:01 PM -0400 7/15/01, Curtis M. Kularski wrote:

>  I have been using DNS for about 5 months, through GraniteCanyon.com,
>  I am now ready to take on the task of managing my own DNS server.  I
>  have selected BIND 8 running on Windows 2000.  I need a book that
>  can explain how to get started with using the server.  The interface
>  of the software is not exactly self-explanitory.
>
>  What would be the best book for me to learn from?

	I would suggest that you look at the list of books at
<http://www.dns.net/dnsrd/books.html>.  The "bible" of the DNS is the
book _DNS and BIND_ by Paul Albitz and Cricket Liu, which has
recently been released as a fourth edition.  There is also the book
_DNS on Windows NT_, by Paul Albitz, Cricket Liu, and Matt Larson.

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */