changing IP block

Garry Byrne garry at hwy.com.au
Tue Jul 17 15:07:55 UTC 2001

At 08:34 AM 17/07/01 -0400, you wrote:

>Ok Garry I give up. Where is the question ? :)
>
>--jeff

Fair comment, I never really did get to the point.

OK, I will forget the wide open Q and go the other way.  As I mentioned I
am changing over to a new IP range so I thought I could just set up IP
alias's on the NIC's of my two NS and then just do a bulk redeligation on
the my domain and the domains I host/delegate.  It should not matter that
my zones files are still using my old IP's as the world will be looking for
my NS for the answers once the bulk redeligation goes thur.   If my zones
are saying go to this IP from old range that are still working it should be
sweet and when I change my zones over some time later to the new IP's it
should still be sweet??

I guess this all sounds too easy so I just want someone to agree or blow it
out of the water.

Cheers
Garry