Fwd: DNS failover

psowerby at bluecatnetworks.com psowerby at bluecatnetworks.com
Wed Jul 18 14:51:02 UTC 2001

What you may want to think about is a dedicated DNS appliance that you
could use for yourself and become the "master" of
your own domain, rather than pay someone else to do it for you. Whether you
use a solution like what we have, or build one for yourself,
the answer is still the same, you need to control your own nameservers and
contain the cost within your own company.

This is the only way that you can be guaranteed to know what is going on
with your nameservers, I have had similar experiences
in the past with the ISPs and ASPs that I have dealt with and didn't like
their answers either.

Thanks
Peter Sowerby

Peter Sowerby