New to The List..

LifeArt Productions life at navel.com
Wed Jul 18 16:02:51 UTC 2001

Greeting All,
I have been lurking for a day now.
I am new to this DNS stuff.
I have set up a name server using bind 8.X on RH 7.0 and am having lots of fun...my first zone file was for quinnspub.com and it is very cool when this starts to work     after a week of no sleep..

I have  been able to get a few zones working, but am still trying to get the reverse zones right, so for now I have no reverse zones.

I was wondering what this means:

When I restart named I get this line in the log file:

Jul 18 03:47:29 host named[7912]: Forwarding source address is [0.0.0.0].1390

What is the cause of or forwarding address source?

Sorry if my questions are simple or lame, but if the answer is easy I would appreciate a simple clue.

Matthew
lifeart.cc