newbie: win2k using cached DNS even after cache flushing

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Mon Jun 4 03:26:11 UTC 2001

         What does ipconfig/all tell you and to what IP Servers? Also http://intranet
looks like a WINS address and not an IP address and gets resolved by the
WINS server. Also if the nameserver that you are using is NOT the same
as the master or slave of the domain, then you need to wait for the change to
propogate to your own server.  The length of time is a function of many factors
including the TTL of the RR.

                 Danny