Question on logging XFERs

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Wed Jun 6 13:09:12 UTC 2001

>     OK. I've already downloaded 9.1.2 source package and I'm actually =
> finding the best way to compile it. Do you think upgrading from bind =
> 9.1.0 to 9.1.2 will solve this ???

	I think that you should be using 9.1.2 because it is a lot
	more stable than 9.1.0.  Also I don't want my time being
	wasted having to deal with errors that are already fixed
	and if you continue to run 9.1.0 you will hit one of these
	errors.

>     I really couldnt understand when you said 'bind9 is just quieter' =
> ..... do this somehow mean like 'bind9 wont log thing the way you =
> expected it to do, just to be quieter than bind8 ' ???

	BIND 9.1.0 tends to just log errors.  If things are going
	correctly then nothing is logged.  Later versions log more
	though overall still a lot less than BIND 8.

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com