difference in between my nameserver and mainly used nameserver...

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Thu Jun 7 15:05:37 UTC 2001

At 9:49 PM +0900 6/7/01, 滿†ºÆ wrote:

>  The problem is I can not make the difference of SOA record
>  between my domain name server (ns1.thenewland.com.) and mainly userd name
>  server (ns.kornet.net) same.

	Here's the output of the latest version of "doc" on your zone:

doc -d thenewland.com
Doc-2.2.2: doc -d thenewland.com
Doc-2.2.2: Starting test of thenewland.com.   parent is com.
Doc-2.2.2: Test date - Thu Jun  7 11:03:22 EDT 2001
DEBUG: digging @a.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @a.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001060601
DEBUG: digging @b.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @b.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001060601
DEBUG: digging @c.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @c.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001060601
DEBUG: digging @d.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @d.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001060601
DEBUG: digging @e.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @e.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001060601
DEBUG: digging @f.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @f.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001060601
DEBUG: digging @g.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @g.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001060601
DEBUG: digging @i.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @i.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001060601
DEBUG: digging @j.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @j.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001060601
DEBUG: digging @k.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @k.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001060601
DEBUG: digging @l.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @l.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001060601
DEBUG: digging @m.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @m.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001060601
SOA serial #'s agree for com. domain
Found 2 NS and 2 glue records for thenewland.com.
@a.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
Found 2 NS and 2 glue records for thenewland.com.
@b.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
Found 2 NS and 2 glue records for thenewland.com.
@c.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
Found 2 NS and 2 glue records for thenewland.com.
@d.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
Found 2 NS and 2 glue records for thenewland.com.
@e.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
Found 2 NS and 2 glue records for thenewland.com.
@f.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
Found 2 NS and 2 glue records for thenewland.com.
@g.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
Found 2 NS and 2 glue records for thenewland.com.
@i.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
Found 2 NS and 2 glue records for thenewland.com.
@j.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
Found 2 NS and 2 glue records for thenewland.com.
@k.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
Found 2 NS and 2 glue records for thenewland.com.
@l.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
Found 2 NS and 2 glue records for thenewland.com.
@m.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
DNServers for com.
    === 0 were also authoritatve for thenewland.com.
    === 12 were non-authoritative for thenewland.com.
Servers for com. (not also authoritative for thenewland.com.)
    === agree on NS records for thenewland.com.
DEBUG: domserv = ns1.thenewland.com. ns2.thenewland.com.
NS list summary for thenewland.com. from parent (com.) servers
   == ns1.thenewland.com. ns2.thenewland.com.
digging @ns1.thenewland.com. for soa of thenewland.com.
soa @ns1.thenewland.com. for thenewland.com. serial: 7
digging @ns2.thenewland.com. for soa of thenewland.com.
soa @ns2.thenewland.com. for thenewland.com. serial: 285
WARN: Found 2 unique SOA serial #'s for thenewland.com.
Authoritative domain (thenewland.com.) servers agree on NS for thenewland.com.
NS list from thenewland.com. authoritative servers matches list from
   === parent (com.) servers not authoritative for thenewland.com.
Checking 1 potential addresses for hosts at thenewland.com.
   == 211.107.23.194
in-addr PTR record found for 211.107.23.194
Done testing thenewland.com.  Thu Jun  7 11:03:36 EDT 2001

	You updated your primary, but the serial number is lower than
that of the serial number on your secondary.  Update the primary
again, this time creating a serial number that is higher than 285.
Then reload  your secondary.  Then wait for all old data to be
flushed from the caches of the nameservers around the world (one full
week should do the job).

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */