ndc error

yohan yohan900 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 23:59:54 UTC 2001

Hello, I am having a problem with ndc, after having
chrooted bind 8.2.4.  I can get everything to work
finebut when I try to start named with ndc start I get
this error

root at gateway:/chroot/named/var/run# ndc
start
sh: /usr/local/sbin/named: No such file or
directory
ndc: error: could not start new name
server(/usr/local/sbin/named)

when i run named with
named -u named -g named -t /chroot/named

and even
when named is running that way, I can use ndc stop and
ndc reload.

I used the linux howto instructions,
to install my chroot, i have the controls set in my
named.conf, and I have also used ndc -c
/chroot/named/var/run/ndc and still no luck.

Any
help would be great thanks..