ndc error

yohan yohan900 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 00:02:51 UTC 2001

Hello, I am having a problem with ndc, after having
chrooted bind 8.2.4.  I can get everything to work
finebut when I try to start named with ndc start I get
this error below.

root at gateway:/chroot/named/var/run# ndc start sh:
/usr/local/sbin/named: No such file or directory ndc:
error: could not start new
nameserver(/usr/local/sbin/named)

Not sure if there is a way, to get ndc to point to my
chroot dir.

when i run named with named -u named -g named -t
/chroot/named it loads named, and works fine.
Even when named is running that way, I can use ndc
stop and ndc reload.

I used the linux howto instructions, to install my
chroot, i have the controls set in my named.conf, and
I have also used ndc -c /chroot/named/var/run/ndc and
still no luck.

Any help would be great thanks..