What redirection uses the most bandwith ?

Jon Booth jon at lucidlogic.com
Mon Jun 25 01:30:07 UTC 2001

You may run into trouble simply pointing the IP at the server.
If the webserver admin is running multiple hostnames on his server he/she
will need to know about the hostname you are going to point at the
webserver so they know which virtual host to display.

Also when it comes to website redirection I prefer a server side
redirection. which involves sending the header "location:
http://site.com/" which is neater IMO.

As for your traffic question the DNS method has the least
traffic especially seeing that it will be cached a lot of the time.

Hope these comments are of help to you

Jon Booth

Lucid Logic Pty. Ltd.
http://www.lucidlogic.com