What redirection uses the most bandwith ?

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Mon Jun 25 07:09:26 UTC 2001

At 9:31 PM +0000 6/24/01, Wiked wrote:

>  I have now recieved requests from people who whant me to point the
>  domain directly from the zonefiles A record to there own IP-number.

	This won't work with name-based virtual domains, which is what
virtually everyone uses.  Continue to use your HTTP meta-refresh tag,
since that will actually work with all types of web serving that I am
familiar with.

	Of course, this doesn't really have anything to do with the DNS
in general, or BIND in specific.  This is an issue of how web clients
and servers work, and should really be directed at a more appropriate
mailing list/newsgroup.

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */