2.4 kernel and bind 8.2.3 - REL.

Willis L. Sarka wlsarka at the-republic.org
Mon Jun 25 09:47:12 UTC 2001

Ah, it seems that Bind should be able to handle Paul's configuration
admirably.  What prompted my original response was the "Linux seems more
Microsoft like..." statement from Paul, and I *just* put a RedHat 7.1 box
running Bind 9.1.0 into service at my company over the weekend with no
problems whatsoever.  I felt the need to at least say "Hey, it works for
me", even if it is small potatoes compared to other folks. 8^)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Bind 9 a total rewrite of the code
base?  Sharing no code whatsoever with the Bind 4 or 8 series?  After all
the exploits with the 8 series, and reading in an interview with Mr. Vixie
about how the Bind 9 stuff was "done right" (apologies to Paul Vixie if I
mangled this paraphrase) compared to the Bind 4 and 9 code, I sleep a
little better at night running Bind 9 instead of the older versions (still
chrooted, and all sane precautions taken, of course).

Cheers,
A happy Bind 9 user

Will Sarka