Registrars problem or my problem

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Jun 26 21:36:42 UTC 2001

Well, yes, it's perfectly correct -- ns.oddjobsbc.com doesn't actually exist. You need to add
it.

If you're trying to change nameservers for oddjobsbc.com and only the *new* nameservers have
the name ns.oddjobsbc.com, and you can't change the zone information on the *old* nameservers,
then you're in a bit of chicken-and-egg situation since the registrar's validation routine
apparently won't let you change to a nameserver that it cannot resolve. In that case, you may
have to do two rounds of nameserver changes: once to repoint the nameservers using names in a
zone that you *can* change, and then a second round to change the names of those nameservers
to the ones you prefer.

- Kevin