No response from serverˆ

Steve Gorman gormanst at returnpath.net
Fri Jun 29 13:55:29 UTC 2001

Hello all,

I can resolve all machine names that are in my zone but when I try to resolve
anything that would require using my db.cache list of root nameservers I get
no response from server. I do have a small linksys firewall/router but it is
passing port 53 udp/tcp to my nameserver and my named.conf file has
the "query-source address * port 53" set correctly.

A little history.  All this was working great just two weeks ago. Then I
changed ISP's and therefor got a new IP address. After 8 hours of hold time
on the phone with Network Solutions I got the host record changed for my
nameserver and the reconfigured my domain files with the updated IP address.
Ever since then I am getting squat for dns. It is also screwing up sendmail.
Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

thx in advance