No response from server

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Sat Jun 30 00:51:59 UTC 2001

Changing your IP address with Network Solutions just helps other people resolve
names in *your* domain(s), it doesn't directly have anything to do with your
ability to resolve names in other people's domains.

It sure looks like a networking problem, based on what little you have
described. I know you said that your linksys is passing port 53, but
double-check it. Or something upstream at your new ISP may be screwing you over.

If you run dig on your nameserver box and point it directly at a root server,
can you resolve anything at all (you should get back at least a referral)? By
doing so, you eliminate your local nameserver and/or its configuration from the
mix. If you can't resolve queries that way, then it's almost certainly a
network/firewall problem.

- Kevin