reverse zone for < class C???

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Fri Jun 29 19:38:47 UTC 2001

In article <9hikmd$noa at pub3.rc.vix.com>, Q  <spam at 2thebatcave.com> wrote:
>I am trying to setup a reverse zone for half of a class C allocated to us.
>However, I can't seem to get it working.  If I setup the named.conf like:
>
>zone "128.180.188.208.IN-ADDR.ARPA"{
>        type master;
>        file "128.180.188.208.in-addr.arpa";
>};

The mechanism in RFC 2317 requires that a bunch of CNAME records be
installed into the parent reverse domain.  SW Bell hasn't installed these
in the 180.188.208.in-addr.arpa domain.  You need to contact them and have
them perform the reverse delegation and create the CNAME records.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA