Problems with DNS and A.GTLD-SERVERS.NET

Len Conrad LConrad at Go2France.com
Sat Mar 3 17:18:15 UTC 2001

>it appears A.GTLD-SERVERS.NET is not giving
>any correct info back (for authoritive host it gives only COM. not
>TRASTER.COM.). I am not sure where the problem is, but maybe someone would
>know? # dig @A.GTLD-SERVERS.NET traster.com

mgw1# dig @A.GTLD-SERVERS.NET traster.com

; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> @A.GTLD-SERVERS.NET traster.com
; (1 server found)
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      traster.com, type = A, class = IN

It's simply not in the roots, as you have seen, probably domain
registration not paid up.   happpened to my clients this week.

Len

http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : Binary for ISC BIND 8.2.3 for NT4 & W2K

http://IMGate.MEIway.com  : Build free, hi-perf, anti-spam mail gateways