cname quick question

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Wed Mar 7 22:17:12 UTC 2001

At 12:01 PM -0700 3/7/01, Cricket Liu wrote:

>  I could bring this up as a possible service the Registry could offer.
>  Are there any technical objections to it that I haven't thought of?

	Well, doing so would certainly break MX records, because BINDv9
no longer tolerates in any way, shape, or form the pointing of MXes
at CNAMEs.  While that might be fine for things like movies (where
the only thing they probably care about is serving up the web page),
that's certainly not going to do any good for anyone else who wants
any other kind of service.