Why it does not propogate ?

Tal Dayan tal at zapta.com
Fri Mar 9 17:24:44 UTC 2001

Hello,

Recently we changed the IP of our mail server but the new IP does not seem
to propagate. We also moved this domain recently from Register.com to our
own BIND server so the problem may be related to it (I don't have access
anymore to the serial number the zone had had on Register.com but I think
the one in the zone file we created has higher value).

Is there any way to check why it does not propagate or predict how long it
will take ?

The host name is mail.ontero.com, the old IP is 209.157.66.9 and the new one
is 205.162.50.65.

Two of the servers it did not propagate to are 206.86.8.69, 204.156.128.10.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Tal