Virtual Hosting

Len Conrad LConrad at Go2France.com
Tue Mar 13 08:04:55 UTC 2001

>I know how to do Apache, Sendmail, ..., but where is the documentation
>for Virtual Hosting for DNS & BIND to create the file that holds all
>the virtual hosts (aliases) directed back at the server.

BIND uses a master config file and zone (database) files.  Your
imaginary "file that holds all
the virtual hosts (aliases)" needs to be implemented using the BIND
files.  You will need, for each 2nd level domain, a zone statement in
the master config file and a zone file.

The database files can be greatly simplified using $INCLUDE directive
and shared zone files, esp useful for virtual hosting.

>If any addition information, links, pages (possibly DNS & BIND) is necessary,
>please be sure to include them.

Get the book: DNS & BIND, from O'Reilly. plus there are tons of
resources on Internet.

Len

http://MenAndMice.com/DNS-training : DNS training for USA and
Europe