Virtual Hosting

Bandinelli Massimo bines at dada.it
Tue Mar 13 08:11:07 UTC 2001

I think you have to configure you virtual hosts only on the computer with Apache Server on.

For example:

you have an apache server at 200.1.1.1
you have 3 domains foo1.com, foo2.net, foo3.org

you have to configure your dns as

www.foo1.com    IN      A       200.1.1.1 (in named.foo1.com)
www.foo2.net    IN      A       200.1.1.1 (in named.foo2.net)
www.foo3.org    IN      A       200.1.1.1 (in named.foo3.org)

and you apache server as

<VirtualHost 200.1.1.1>
ServerName www.foo1.com
DocumentRoot /usr/web/www.foo1.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 200.1.1.1>
ServerName www.foo2.net
DocumentRoot /usr/web/www.foo2.net
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 200.1.1.1>
ServerName www.foo3.org
DocumentRoot /usr/web/www.foo3.org
</VirtualHost>

Remember that the first virtualhost in the VirtualHost list at the apache server is used
as default virtualhost