icmp problem

James A Griffin agriffin at cpcug.org
Wed Mar 14 15:30:20 UTC 2001

Hasan's problem was not really BIND related and was dealt with via
private email. Kevin's insights seem to be on the mark (as usual) as
Hasan reported:

   I found reason of unwanted icmp packets on another point.
   It is related to network settings of HP-UX machine.
   and i use the following to solve the problem:

   # ndd -set /dev/ip ip_send_source_quench 0

Regards,
Jim