icmp problem

Hasan Övüç hasan at superonline.net
Tue Mar 20 22:21:34 UTC 2001

Hi everyone,

	Last week, we discussed the icmp problem. I am pleased sending mail
to list. I solved icmp problem. I realize that the problem is not interested
in bind application. This problem creates the HP-UX system.
	I try to solve problem with ndd settings as "ndd -get /dev/ip
ip_send_source_quench 0" but this is useless. I found solution from mailing
list of HP-UX official site. At last, i asked the problem hp-help. I want to
tell the solution of icmp problem.
	This is so easy. You have to install patch in list.
PHCO_22269
PHCO_22453
PHKL_18543
PHKL_20016
PHKL_22432
PHKL_22589
PHKL_22840
PHKL_23406
PHNE_22397
PHNE_22566

My question mail last week;

> Hasan Övüç wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> >         I use bind-8.2.3 on HP-UX 11.00. Dns server is behind the
firewall
> > and dns server drops all icmp packets for security.An interesting thing,
> > see from firewall logs that dns server sends icmp packets for all
queries.
> > Although, all queries are done successfull. This is fairly meaningless.
> >         A short time ago, i searched mailing list archive of bind and i
> > don't find sufficient answer. I request your help.

- Hasan