Multiple Zones - One Ignored?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Sat Mar 17 02:31:36 UTC 2001

There is no BIND 8.11.2. Are you confusing BIND and sendmail version numbers?

You need to get your logging fixed so you can see what's wrong with the domain
in question. Chances are, you were doing something illegal in the zonefile that
BIND 4 ignored and now BIND 8 is choking on it.

Please review the documentation on logging. You appear to have defined a custom
channel ("debug_level"), but you haven't told any logging category to send
messages to that channel. Your syslog should, however, still be getting
messages from named for the "daemon" facility, because of the built-in logging
defaults. Is your syslog configured to do anything useful with such messages?

- Kevin