Help moving my Domainname.

Chip Old fold at bcpl.net
Sat Mar 17 14:34:59 UTC 2001

In the NSI whois database ourput for your domain the "Database last
updated..." line doesn't refer specifically to your domain's record.. New
and modified records are inserted every 12 hours, and that line just
tells you when thqat last occurred.  The "Record last updated..." line
tells you when your domain's record was last modified.

Are the new name servers registered as hosts with NSI?  If not, you need
to do that before you cabn list them as your name servers.  How long ago
did you submit the "modify domain" form to NSI, showing the new name
servers for your domain?  It sometimes takes up to 48 hours for changes to
appear in the database.  The new info is often known by the root name
servers long before it appears in the whois database, so try an NS or SOA
query for your domain name on one of the root name servers to see what you
get.

If after 48 hours the new NS info still hasn't appeared in the database or
on the root name servers, then get in touch with NSI to find out why.

Chip Old (Francis E. Old)               E-Mail:  fold at bcpl.net
Manager, BCPL Network Services          Voice:   410-887-6180
Manager, BCPL.NET Internet Services     FAX:     410-887-2091
320 York Road
Towson, Maryland 21204 U.S.A.