newbie help - named.conf

Kenneth Porter shiva at well.com
Thu Mar 22 02:08:49 UTC 2001

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001 00:57:11 +0000, adrian boliston wrote:

>I have just installed the RPM version of BIND 8.2.3 on my redhat 7 rel
>2.2.18
>I would have thought that there might have been an example named.conf
>installed as part of the RPM package, but it looks like i will have to
>compose my own!

You're in luck! Red Hat provides another package with a sample
configuration: caching-nameserver. Install this RPM and it will provide
a simple set of config and zone files.

Ken
mailto:shiva at well.com
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my answer on the list.]