Troubles with 8.2.3-REL and AAAA records.

Pawel Rogocz pawel at rogocz.com
Mon Mar 26 03:28:50 UTC 2001

Tim,

thanks for clarifying things, The scenario you described seems to happen
most of the time, but try

dig www.speedera.net aaaa
dig ad.doubleclick.net aaaa

against a server of your choice and look at the NXDOMAIN or SERVFAIL error
set in the response, sometimes together with a valid data in the rest of
the packet. I think the problem arises when the record you digging for,
does not have an A type data, but is a CNAME or NS instead,

Pawel