NS record question

Bob Vance bobvance at alumni.caltech.edu
Mon Mar 26 20:05:40 UTC 2001

Oh, thanks, Roy.
Now, I'm really confused :)

>The master does not send NOTIFY to servers specified by zone-cut NS
>records.

Well, what NS records *does* it use??
(Of course, I believe that in our context -- same server -- all the NS
records appear together for the child zone, regardless of where they
came from).

>The question was what the problems would be when zone-cut NS
>records were removed from the zone, when the cutted zone (child zone,
>delegated zone) resides on the same server.

Right.
And I think that there is *no* problem, as my other post mentioned.

Tks        | <mailto:BVance at sbm.com>
BV         | <mailto:BobVance at alumni.caltech.edu>
Sr. Technical Consultant,  SBM, A Gates/Arrow Co.
Vox 770-623-3430           11455 Lakefield Dr.
Fax 770-623-3429           Duluth, GA 30097-1511