Problem with forwarding reverse DNS queries

bweaver at orincon.com bweaver at orincon.com
Mon May 14 16:59:33 UTC 2001

Hi all,

Need some help with my current DNS config.  I currently have 2 DNS forward
only servers on the DMZ of my network.  They forward in to a master and
slave DNS server.  I pointed all forward DNS queries to go straight to the
two forwarders and all works well.  I am encountering problems with my
reverse queries.  I have ARIN pointing to my upstream provider (icg), and
they point to my two dns servers on the DMZ.  When a query comes in the
forwarder will respond that it does not know the A record.  An nslookup on
the machine will yeild the correct name.  Once the name is then in the
cache all works well from outside queries.  Any help would be appreciated.