Simple Question ...

Desmond Coughlan desmond at cybercable.fr
Fri May 18 09:23:17 UTC 2001

Hi,
I have a simple question ... could someone enlighten me as the the files
that I _need_ for a server that will be :

primary for 'company.france.com'

and ...

secondary for 'company.us.com'

I have the /etc/named.conf file and when I check it with ...

# /usr/local/sbin/named-checkconf /etc/named.conf
the default for the 'auth-nxdomain' option is now 'no'

Irrespective of how much I look, I cannot find the authoritive syntax of
the files I need.  One source calls the named.ca file 'named.ca', another
calls it the 'root.hints' ... do I need a localhost file, or a
localhost.rev file ?

Help !!  I'm writing these files by hand in order to learn as much as
possible, but without the proper syntax, I'm going to be banging my head
off the wall for a while to come.  I know _something_'not right ...

# ps -ef|grep -i named
    root   317   286  0 11:23:21 pts/1    0:00 grep -i named

Can someone help ..?  :(

--
Desmond Coughlan               |Restez Zen ... UNIX peut le faire
desmond at cybercable.fr          |YGL#4 YFC#1 YFB#1 UKRMMA#14 two#38