Multiple Domain Names to One Host File!!

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed May 23 21:21:56 UTC 2001

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 01:00:04PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> 	I "assumed" that the person reading my post would know that those values
> for MNAME and RNAME should be filled in by the actual values that applied
> to the several domains that would be served by that zone file. Since the
> guy who posted originally seemed to have half a clue I left out a few
> details in the interest of brevity. Sorry if I moved too fast for you.

Not for me, old and creaky as I am.  ;-)  But if you've been reading
this mailing list, you should be aware that there are people of an
astonishing range of eptitude and experience that read it.  It is best
to "say it right" than to spend an interminable number of e-mail
messages changing a reader's initial perceptions.

Those with more than half a clue already knew what you meant, or had
used that wonderful human ability to fill in what they "knew" to be
true instead of what they actually perceived.  It was not for them that
I wrote.

OSIS Center Computer Support					EMT-B