global server load balancing - subdomain forward - bind 8.2.3

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed May 30 21:00:47 UTC 2001

Perhaps you should clarify what you mean by "global server load
balancing". My experience has been that this means the load-balancers run
simple DNS servers which will serve up different addresses for
www.test.com, depending on the respective loads on the various backend
servers. In that case, it shouldn't really matter much whether the
NS records are given out in round-robin order or not, because it's the
answers from the load-balancers which really steer the traffic.

- Kevin