Newbie: 'rndc reload' says "connection refused" problem

Jean-Christian Imbeault jean_christian at hotmail.com
Thu May 31 03:27:54 UTC 2001

I try to get BIND 9.1.2 to reload it's config and zone files by using
the rndc reload command but I get a "Connection refused" message on the
console.

I've searched the mailing list but couldn't find a simple answer. I'm
sure I'm just using the command incorrectly, but my DNS&BIND books says
to just type 'ndc reload' to reload the name server ... Since there is
no ndc I guessed that rndc was a newer version. I would have read the
man pages fro rndc but they don't seem to have been installed ...

Thanks for any pointers!

Jc