using "IXFR"

Phil Lefort plefort at synopsys.com
Wed May 2 23:00:44 UTC 2001

Hi all,

I am trying to send only "changes" of our DNS DB to a sight in Europe
let's say, "Sweden".  Sweden will then be our European DNS master, where

countries like England & France will be the slaves.

In this way, traffic between America & Europe, will be limited.

Currently, I am thinking that IXFR is not the answer.  I'm looking at
rsyncing the 2 sites that require inter-continental traffic. (This is
for intranet WAN DNS traffic).

Any comments out there about this?

Thanks.

Phil Lefort