Introducing freeware dnsupdate - create/update (dynamic) DNS tabl es

gopakumar.pillai at hybrid.com gopakumar.pillai at hybrid.com
Thu May 3 20:29:17 UTC 2001

Hi Bind Users,
Let me proudly introduce dnsupdate, a tool which can create the DNS tables
from a hosts file and its configuration file. It can update or maintain the
tables too. For updating hosts and alises it uses dynamic update. dnsupdate
works with BIND 8 or higher. Have tested it on Sparc Solaris 8 and i386
FreeBSD 4.2. I am sure it can be compiled in a variety of operating systems.

I was looking for such a tool and couldn't find any. So ended up writing it.
It is written in C language and is much faster than h2n (the script from the
DNS and BIND book), when run in create mode.

A good documentation can be found at the project web site
http://dnsupdate.sourceforge.net.

For going the project  page on sourceforge.net please visit
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dnsupdate

Hope this tool is helpful to u. If you have comments or suggestions you can
send me an email at gopu at myiris.com or join the mailing list by visiting the