two bind on same machine - is it possible?

Bryan Hodgson bryan at verne.myxa.com
Sun May 6 01:55:31 UTC 2001

On the surface, this sounds very much like a classic 'split DNS'
situation.  For better or worse, I'm not going to explain that in
detail, except to say that ...

... you can set up virtual IP addresses to the limit of the OS's capabilty to handle them, and have BIND (via the 'listen-on' directive) supply responses for an equal number of zones.  No need to move off of port 53 at all.

Find a how-to on split DNS.