compiling errors?

Michael McQuarrie metrismq at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 17:41:30 UTC 2001

Please help...running out of time on this project...

A little background...
I compiled bind 8.2.3-REL on AIX 4.3.3 and after hours
of trying different versions of compilers and make I
got it to complete only there were a few errors flying
by during the 'make all' about some data types being
invalid.  It did build the binaries and pushed them
out.

Now where the problem lies...
When I try to do a 'startsrc -s named' to start the
service it starts a process (I can see it by 'ps -ef |
grep named') and creates the named.pid file correctly.
 BUT...when I do a 'lssrc -a named' it shows as
inpoerative.  The server will resolve for itself (I
have allow-query set to any) but nothing else.  The
configuration was moved from a working 8.2.2 server.

Is it something that I needed to fix during the
build...if so what???  I ended up using C for AIX
version 3.6.6 and gnu make version 3.79.

If this is not it then what is...please help?!?!?!

Michael McQuarrie
Champaign, IL