zone transfer...

Jozef Skvarcek jozef at photonfield.net
Mon Nov 5 20:02:41 UTC 2001

Seems like something is filtering out packets with specific source and/or
destination ports for the IPs of your servers. I would also check that
both tcp and udp is allowed between the two DNS servers. Can't tell for
sure now but I think that both udp and tcp should be open from port 53
and all ports > 1023 on your slave to port 53 on your master. Note that
I found that some DNS servers connect from a random port < 1024, but
I don't think BIND does that.
Can you download the SOA from the master to the slave, anyway?

Jozef