zone transfer...

Jozef Skvarcek jozef at photonfield.net
Mon Nov 5 22:04:06 UTC 2001

The fact that you can't download SOA is a proof that there is some
packet filtering going on (and the reason why the zone transfers don't
work). Especially, check whether tcp/udp from port 53 at your slave
to port 53 at the master is allowed.

You may get better idea by sniffing the packets. For example, if using
Linux try `tcpdump -n -i eth0 host <IP number of master>'
or if Solaris `snoop -d hme0 <IP of master>'. Adjust the name of
your interface if necessary. Then try to download SOA.
When you see the results you will know what they mean...

Jozef