Reverse Delegation - RIPE

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Thu Nov 8 18:34:29 UTC 2001

In article <9seabu$afe at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Odhiambo Washington  <wash at wananchi.com> wrote:
>* Barry Margolin <barmar at genuity.net> [20011108 18:23]: writing on the
>subject 'Re: Reverse Delegation - RIPE'
>| The delegation should be done by the provider that the /24 was delegated
>| to, using the technique in RFC 2317.
>
>What about when the provider is so dumb that they don't know what to do? Then
>I am sunk???

Send them detailed instructions of what to put in their zone file.

If they can't handle that, then either demand that they assign you an
entire /24 so you can get it delegated from the RIPE servers, or do like
the other poster said: get a new provider who knows what they're doing.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA